And here is a list of why this weekend was amazing.
1. It was my first full weekend off in over a month. Okay, it's already turning out to be a winner.
2. Going to the Saturday Market in downtown Greenville with my sweet husband and sweet friend Dorothy. People, you are missing out if you have not yet been. Fresh bell peppers. Zucchini. Squash. Tomatos. Rresh pasta. Basil. Peaches. Blueberries. This is just a short list of all the delicious and fresh foods you can get down there. Oh, and did I mention the fresh chevre cheese? I'd recommend the garlic and dill. Oh sweetness.
3. Haircut! It had been almost 8 months since my last haircut. There is fewer better feelings than getting a new hairdo. She straightened it, as always happens when I get it cut. I think hairstylists are scared of curly hair or something. But it looks awesome now! We'll just have to see how it looks curly, because it is short my friends.
4. Becoming members at Costco! Okay, we didn't even buy anything, but it was so fun to walk around and explor. All the cheese and wine. Heaven.
5. Inception. Amazing movie. Interesting ending. Go see it.
6. Church service at Downtown Presbyterian. The sermon this morning was about loving and praying for the church despite it being filled with sinners. Beautiful and convicting.
7. Delicious lunch with friends. Pork tenderloin. Tomato caprese salad. Wine. Lemonade. Swedish visiting cake for dessert. Sweet friends and good conversaton. Sunday afternoons don't get much better.
8. Nap! I am a terrible napper. There is always just so much I want to do, it's hard to make myself relax enough to sleep in the middle of the day. It usually makes me feel like I'm missing out on life. But today, it happened. And it was good.
9. And lastly, Barley's pizza and beer with friends. We go almost every Sunday. I love ending the weekend/starting a new week by relaxing with friends over good food and drink (yes, this is a recurring theme in my life) and conversation.
I am so blessed and thankful to have a weekend to rest and spend time with my husband and friends!