Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I recently just read a blog post where there was a list of some of the author's most favorite books. As I've said in previous posts, I love to read. Because of work, I often don't have time these days to read much more than journals. I used to spend more summers growing literally glued to my stack of library books. That was the highlight of my summer - going to the library every few weeks to get a fresh batch of books to read. Nerdy, yes. But oh man, the stories I've read.

I love to reflect on the books I've read, and it's always fun to put them in list form :) So, here are some of my all-time favorite books. Some of these books I've read several times, and this is a list that is constantly being added to.

The Counte of Monte Cristo - this is my all-time favorite, i don't even know how many times i've read it. and the movie, although well-done, does not even come close to the amazingness of this book.
To Kill a Mockingbird
Pride and Prejudice
The Diary of Anne Frank
The Pact - really, every Jodi Picoult book I've read has been amazing
The Ragamuffin Gospel
Beach Music
Harry Potter
The Hunger Games - this is a 3-book series, I've read the first two so far. these books are fiction, and have a very interesting story line
Bel Canto - i was hooked after the first sentence
I Capture the Castle
The Blind Assassin

Just thinking about these books and all the amazing books that are out there that I have yet to read makes me want to become part of a book club. Anyone???


No comments:

Post a Comment